Friday, June 8, 2012

Grumpy Old Green Goblin


      In my last blog entry I posted a series of images I did awhile ago called "Grumpy Old Men."
To see the original post : Click Here

       In that entry I mentioned I recently finished a continuation series of grumpy old men.

      For this new series of 6 I decided to not just make grumpy old men, but to take a handful of MARVEL villains and transform them. I rarely do fan art, however, I loved the idea of recreating portraits of some of my favorite characters in this manner and will most likely be doing it again.

       Starting things off is one of Spider-Man's oldest and most iconic villains...





The Green Goblin
           My first introduction to this character was through the Spiderman animated series of the 90's. It wouldn’t until be many years later that I was introduced to him in the comic books. Even then I always preferred him in the cartoons, call it nostalgia. Green Goblin was also made more famous as the main antagonist of Sam Rami's first Spiderman live action film, though the role was well portrayed the costume was crap. 


Image of Green Goblin from artist Luke Ross
            His powers where basic, enchanted strength and what not, but it was his toys that made him fun. His bat shaped glider, his pumpkin bombs and ghost bombs, and even bat shaped boomerangs. A living Halloween themed villain made the perfect start the new series, and hope you look forward to the next.



Make sure to check out the whole series here: 


Untill next time!


Edited by : Mia Rose Cammisa

No comments:

Post a Comment