Friday, May 18, 2012

Hey Jack !!!


        I was looking through a folder filled with scans of pieces I made while I was still attending Uarts, my college, and came across this image. The image itself isn't too great, and wasn't a very complex to make, but I liked the story of its creation.   

Jack of Hearts 

          While in my studio a friend of mine came in and asked if I wanted to help her with a project she was working on. Turns out she was going around and asking art teachers and students if they would help her create a unique deck of cards with a different artists doing an image for each card. I got jack of hearts and this was my contribution to her.


         The reason I liked this so much was I would have my work next to that of some of the teachers I admired on a final product. It was the first time I had a sense of being equal to the professionals that taught me. Sadly I never got to see the finished product and the women never kept in touch but it was a nice idea while it lasted and who knows, she might see this remember me and contact me over this.


    Hope you enjoyed this little story and that you might even get something from it.
Until next time!


Edited by: Mia Rose Cammisa

No comments:

Post a Comment