Friday, April 27, 2012

Fun with my new Water-Color Pencils


My Pretty Little Flower !

      I usually work in the digital medium, but sometimes it’s fun to branch out and try something different. One of the different ways I enjoy is watercolors. Watercolor works well to compliment the ink work I do, giving me illustrations a different dimension.

Essentials watercolor pencils.
   
      It had been a while since I used watercolors though, so I thought a nice way to start up again would be to do it with a twist.

Goofy Frog creature

     I always wanted to try watercolor pencils. They’re very travel friendly and create nearly the same effect as traditional, so as a test I picked up a pretty cheap set and went to work.
They took a little getting used to since now laying down the colors was now divided into two steps. While laying down the pencil you need to keep in mind that you will be watering them down, so think of how you want the color to spread and be careful you don't lay down to much or to little.

Happy Dino-Ghost

    In about no time at all I was having fun with the pencils and felt I had gained enough control over them to get my desired effect. I’m glad I made the investment and recommend them to anyone that wants to use water colors but doesn’t know where to begin.

Dimwitted Demon - colored by my special gal Mia Rose.

      Finally I just wanted to show the image I had my girlfriend color in. She got curious about what it was like working in the pencils so I made her an image to color in.    



Edited by : Mia Rose Cammisa

No comments:

Post a Comment