Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Practicing Sculpey





       Recently I got some modeling Sculpey, which, until this point I had never really worked with. Actually I hadn’t really worked with any kind of modeling clay, just a little in High School and never seriously.  But for the last couple of days I’ve been playing with Scupley and have found it to be an insane amount of fun!




Red sculpey fired and unpainted


      Sculpey is a really fun type of sculpting clay that stays soft until you’re happy with what you’re making. You can change it as many times as you like without it hardening until you’re ready. Then, when you’ve finished your piece you can bake it in the oven to make it solid. It's very easy to bake and unlike some other clay, you don't need a kiln only an oven set to 275 degrees. It makes Sculpey perfect for playing with kids with or making nice tiny sculptures without needing expensive equipment.






Blue clay sculpey fired and minimal painting




      At first I was just working with one block Sculpey for  fun but after awhile I was having so much fun I got more and continued creating some more little heads.





Blue clay sculpey fired and minimal painting


      I know I’m just getting the hang of sculpting and have a long way to go, but now that I’ve played with these guys, and had a ball doing so, I want to make more. Hopefully I’ll start selling them soon as magnets, pins and anything else I can think of! I can’t wait to show you guys more as I create them and if you have anything you might want, let me know I could make it for you!


     The photos in this post where taken by my girlfriend, who sells antique clothing and jewelry on her webstore : THEDA VINTAGE,

No comments:

Post a Comment