Monday, November 19, 2012

"The Mermaid's Treasure" silly title, good image



        A while back I watched a HORRIBLE special on mermaids.  The "documentary" (and I use that word very loosely) tried to prove the existence of mermaids, it's about as silly as ancient aliens specials.  The special was so offensive to anything scientific that I won't even show you a link to it or even give you its name.

        As bad of a special that was it did get me thinking about the history of Mermaids in different mythologies and in pop culture. It also got me interested in making a mermaid image of my own.

"The Mermaid's Treasure"

       Mermaids themselves don't particularly interest me but making a mermaid image would be a nice chance to play around making an undersea landscape.  The process of this image was pretty fun and it changed a lot from the original to finish.

Segment from original ink work

          Shortly after finishing and scanning the original ink work a big glaring problem popped up, and if you looked at the finish you probably already see what it is.  The face, the face was terrible, how did I not see it?  It was an issue that needed to be fixed and lucky the fix was simple.

a quick before and after

        The fix ended up being very simple.  Turned out I just over inked, or detailed, her face up. A simple use of the erase tool and poof 20 years younger.

     I hoped you enjoyed hearing a little about the process of this image and it gives it a little more life.

Until Next Time!

Edited by : Mia Rose Cammisa

No comments:

Post a Comment